The WORD Interview with Emily Mandel
June 1, 2009
We’re very excited to be hosting the launch party for Emily St. John Mandel’s debut novel, Last Night in Montreal, a story of “…love, amnesia, compulsive travel, the depths and the limits of family bonds, and the nature of obsession.” Emily will be at the store tomorrow, Tuesday, June 2 at 7:30 pm for a reading and signing. We caught up with her for a quick Q&A before the event:
1) Do you have a favorite WORD?
2) What WORDS do you live by?
3) What was the last book you read?
4) Any idea what you’ll read next?
5) What is the last book you bought someone as a gift?
6) Where did you buy it?
At BookCourt, a lovely independent bookstore on Court Street in Carroll Gardens.
7) What are you working on now – anything you can tell share about your next project(s)?
8) Do you have a favorite spot in Greenpoint?
Yes. WORD. And I swear I’m not just saying that because you’re hosting my book launch.
(We’re blushing…thanks Emily!)