The WORD Interview with Sarah Magid
June 10, 2009
Tomorrow at WORD we’ll be hosting a tasting and book signing with Greenpoint’s own custom cake baker Sarah Magid. We’ll be serving up refreshments and sweets featured in Sarah’s new cookbook: Organic & Chic: Cakes, Cookies and Other Sweets That Taste as Good as They Look. Be sure to stop by and have a taste – Thursday night at 7:30 pm. And check out our window, which currently features some of Sarah’s cake creations. Learn more about Sarah in the short interview she did with us:
1) Do you have a favorite WORD?
2) What WORDS do you live by?
Life short live full eat sweets kiss sleeping children cocktails dance party
3) What was the last book you read?
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
4) Do you have a favorite cookbook? Share one or several if you like…
Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros, Way of Cooking by Julia Child, every book by Maida Heatter, Sunday Suppers at Lucques by Suzanne Goin
5) Do you have a favorite recipe from your new book?
Goldies are my all time favorite.
6) What are you working on now – anything you can tell us about your next project(s)?
I am working on some new ideas for a book, as well as some fun organic candy projects.
7) Do you have a favorite spot in Greenpoint?
I love Champion coffee, I wrote many parts of the book there. I love walking down Kent Street, with all the beautiful buildings, and any glimpse of the waterfront that I can see. I love sitting on the stoop with my wonderful neighbors.