The WORD Interview with Jancee Dunn
June 21, 2009
Our latest WORD Interview is with Jancee Dunn, whose new book Why Is My Mother Getting a Tattoo? And Other Questions I Wish I Never Had to Ask hits bookshelves this week! We’ll be hosting a launch party with Jancee this Tuesday night, June 23 at 7:30 pm. Jancee will read from her new book and then have a short Q&A with her editor Jill Schwartzmann, followed by a booksigning. We’ll have wine and fake tattoos too! On to the interview:
1) Do you have a favorite WORD?
‘Treat.’ Who would say no to ‘would you like a treat?’ Or maybe ‘toppings.’
2) What WORDS do you live by?
The late philanthropist and What’s My Line contestant Kitty Carlisle Hart used to look in the mirror every day and say ‘I forgive you.’ Which is sort of campy but also great.
3) What was the last book you read?
Angelica by Arthur Phillips
4) Any idea what you’ll read next?
Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys
5) What is the last book you bought someone as a gift?
Just yesterday I sent The Bat-Poet, by Randall Jarrell, to my sister.
6) What are you working on now – anything you can tell share about your next project(s)?
Ha. Right now it’s all about the book. That way I can avoid thinking about what the next book should be.
7) Do you have a favorite spot in Greenpoint that you can tell us about?
Basia’s for the soup.